Lost In The Woods by Miguelina Díaz

Author Biography:
I, Miguelina Diaz, was born in the Dominican Republic, one of the Caribbean islands. As a teenager, I immigrated to the United States and struggled a lot to adjust myself to the different society and culture. Thankfully, I managed. I have been married for 20 years and have three beautiful daughters. I graduated from City College of New York with a Baccalaureate Degree of Science. After receiving my undergraduate degree, I began to pursue my goal of being a teacher. I graduated from Touro College with a dual Masters Degree of Special Education and General Education and I’m currently pursuing a Post Graduate degree of bilingual education at Universidad Nacional Pedro Henriques Ureña. In addition to my studies in the United States, I have also taken Spanish Literature courses at Salamanca University and La Rioja University in Spain. I have been a preschool teacher for 9 years and currently work in a Preschool in Flushing Queens, New York. Throughout my years as an early childhood educator, I have noticed the necessity of teaching young children how to read. I love and enjoy working with preschoolers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment